Be the hero we all need this Thanksgiving and make a Rice Krispie Treat Turkey
![]() |
| Rice Krispie Treat Turkey |
Tips for making a Rice Krispie
I've made this guy several times now and I still find it to be pretty easy to make. Here are some great tips to make this a little easier for you.
Use non-stick foil.
That and my faithful can of cooking spray made everything much easier.
Use a plastic cup
like a red solo cup or disposable coffee cup wrapped in foil to help make forming the carcass a bit easier.
Grab a friend
it really helps to have another person there to hold the cup while you build the turkey carcass around it.
Refrigerate it to set
I find that refrigerating it overnight helps it set and makes assembly much easier. Even just 30 minutes in the fridge helps, but overnight is ideal.
Assemble just before serving
Gravity can be an evil little trickster, specifically in the case of the drumsticks. I've have the best luck refrigerating everything and assembling just before serving. If you absolutely must assemble in advance, ball up some of the foil to place under the drums and wings to help keep them from falling.
Be strategic about placing your tooth picks
Try to keep in mind the spots that are most likely to succumb to gravity- I've been know to pop a toothpick into the "bone" part of the drumstick when necessary. Just don't go overboard as they can cause the pieces to fall apart if you put too many. Use common sense when eating this. Make sure you and your guests are mindful of toothpicks that are used to hold the turkey together.
Use common sense
(like we all should be in general!) and be mindful of the toothpicks that may be in the pieces that you're eating, especially when giving this to kids.

0 Comments